Join our relative Evelyn Dye-Garcia and her beautiful Taino family.Sunday, September 9, 2012 2 pm - 6 pm
For the grand opening celebration of KABUYA,
a meadow that has been transformed by
Adria Garcia & Sarah Kavage
in the ancient art of grass-weaving in
Magnuson Park (Seattle).
It'll be a mini-performance festival featuring both modern & traditional music & dance. Bring a picnic, a blanket or chair, and join them for the afternoon!
- Taino blessing by Joe Garcia
- Craig Chambers (The Lights, Love Tan, Dream Salon, le Sang Song)
- Sngagim Axasniikangin, the only Unangax (Aleut) dance troupe (and drummers) outside the state of Alaska
- Dunava (a cappella Balkan folk songs)
- Poetry by Stephen Roxborough
- Rachel Green & Seth Sexton (dance)
- Monica Schley (harp and vocals)
- Jesse Paul Miller (ambient sound)
Sunday, September 9, 2012 2 pm - 6 pm